Wednesday 21 July 2010

Qatar Attestation

Couple of day’s back I went to the Indian Embassy – Doha, Qatar to get my M.B.A certificate attested and last at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Qatar. Such a simple process and it’s a matter of getting a authorised seal. When I got into the Indian Embassy it’s a typical Indian culture that nobody responds the security. To be honest it’s not so easy to work in an embassy especially out the country. In particular the other nationalities has no right to get into the counters without prior appointment, but the situation was so horrible and finally the security got fed up with the crowd and started banging on his head.

The system goes like this, once we enter will have to get the application for the work to be done, with the token. Based on the token will receive a call or the number will get displayed at the LCDs available at each counter. I got into the attestation counter and gave all my necessary documents for the Indian embassy attestation. There were other counters for Visa, passport, labours and death certificate. Once the documents are submitted I was charged Qatari Rial 38 (approx 500 Indian rupees) in the next counter, post to this by afternoon again I visited Indian Embassy to receive my attested certificate.

The system & the crowd maintenance were vice versa at the Ministry of foreign affairs when compared to the Indian Embassy, really ashamed to see Indians fighting at a government office, were there was a pin drop silence at the Qatar Ministry.

The very next day I went to the Ministry of Affairs for Qatar attestation. I was shocked to see the crowd by early morning 7, my token number was 71, later the crowd was split and we submitted our certificates as a bunch with our ATM card (Any Government related payments in Qatar is only through debit card, the ministry never accepts cash payment). I was charged Qatari Rial 20 (approx 250 Indian rupees) wherein I got my attested certificate within 15 minutes. Now I got the attestation of UAE Embassy & Qatar Embassy on my M.B.A certificate.

Today I have submitted my relevant documents for my Residence Permit stamping for Qatar; hopefully I should be getting it with 2 weeks, in between this process will have go for my medical test and finger printing before my business expires on august 8th.

2 comments:

  1. very bad to know about Indian's behaviour..but few people are always like that only..

    and u getting a permanent resident visa there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah....Iv submitted my documents for the residence visa stamping. The process started of today and hopefully withing two or three days I need to get my work permit, then ll hv to go for medical test, so before I exit for my betrothal from qatar ll be holding my residence work permit.....

    ReplyDelete